Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Sew,Mama,Sew! Grocery Bag Challenge

One of the things I wanted to do for Christmas this year was hand-make as many presents as possible. I also liked the grocery bag challenge on Sew, Mama,Sew! (for example, here) so I wanted to participate in that.Well, Here are some pictures of the things I made for my family.

For my sister, I made a multistrand necklace. I have had fun playing with beads recently, even if I haven't blogged about it.

For my Aunt, Grandma and stepmom, I made each a set of 6 placemats. I used two different fabrics for each, a solid color on one side and a coordinating fabric on the other side. I used fusible fleece to give them some softness. Of course I packaged these in my reusable grocery bags!


The men were the hardest to make things for. What do make them? In the end, I made everyone a grocery bag. And I intend to keep making them! I purchased other presents for my dad and stepdad and packaged them in bags.

For my brother, I wanted to get him a digital camera, so I made him a camera case. My brother is quite the outdoors man, and one day at Joann's I happened to about a yard of some camo fabric in the reminant bin. So I used that fabric to make both the camera case and a reusable bag. I wasn't sure what he would do with the bag--he doesn't grocery shop-- but I figured perhaps my mom would use it. Well, he seems to really like it and says he will use it. Who would have thought?

And then the biggest handmade christmas present will get its own post: my moms kitchen.Of course I made her a bag, but I couldn't put the kitchen in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment