Friday, November 5, 2010

Desk Chair

One of the things I've been looking for is a desk chair. I'm inspired by other's thrift store chair redo's, and decided to take one on myself. I have made a couple trips to the Salvation Army looking for a chair, but was unsuccessful. This past weekend, I made a trip to a new-to-me thrift store called "The ShareHouse" and found just what I was looking for:
She came home with me for a mere $7. Here Franklin is testing out the seat. He doesn't look very comfortable. And for good reason--the seat was dirty. In fact, the whole chair was. But that can be fixed.
With a little sanding, priming, and painting, my chair frame was looking better than ever.  (The picture below is just the priming phase. I guess I didn't take any pictures of it after I painted...)


Some new pretty fabric on the seat really completes the look!

And just got good measure, here the new chair is in place at my desk.





Linked to:













2 comments:

  1. This looks so great, I really love the fabric you picked out! Thanks for linking to my first party, I hope you come back!!

    ReplyDelete