Sunday, September 25, 2011

A New House?

I have been relatively quiet lately, but there is a good reason for that. I have been in the process of buying a condo! I've been hesitant to share because I don't want to jinx the deal, but now that I'm under contract and things are rolling it feels ok.

To start, the condo is 820 square feet "above grade", and an additional 600 squarefeet in the FINISHED basement. It has two bedrooms and 1.5 baths.

The living spaces get great light, which is a change from where I live now, and the finished basement would make an awesome space for sewing and refinishing furniture.

The condo is in really great shape, I think (hopefully the inspection on Tuesday will confirm this), but it is outdated. It's currently a very groovy, matchy matchy condo.

I plan to replace the carpet before I even move in (er, you know, pending the discovery of what's under the carpets....) and probably shortly replace the counters and paint the cabinets. A place all of my own?? I can paint whatever I want? Garden space?? AWESOME!

Here are a couple pics of the place I've taken. Don't want to give it all away yet!







3 comments:

  1. Woo-hoo, congratulations! Thanks for linking up.

    Anna
    www.askannamoseley.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! I just bought my first house too a few months ago, and my favorite part is being able to paint everything and anything any way I want! I think the cabinets will look great painted. I just painted mine white a few days ago and I'm loving it, I posted before and after pics on my blog if you would like to check it out!! Good luck with everything hope your inspection goes well!! =]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! Congrats! You'll love home ownership. I bought mine a year ago and love being able to paint, rip up and change whatever I want.

    ReplyDelete