Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Even Kittehs Like Ipods

The other day one of my friends pulled out her brand new ipod touch, which she was carrying in a sock! I know this isn't uncommon, but such a beautiful piece of technology needs a beautiful carrying case. So of course, I took it upon myself to make one. I didn't have a pattern although I had an idea of what I wanted it to look like in my head. I got out my trusty graph paper and looked up the dimensions on apple's website. I then knew what I needed-- small amount of fabric, probably about 1/4 yard, similar amount of heavy interfacing, and some velcro. I made a quick trip to Joanns and found a 1-yard reminant of a pretty pink fabric and got that since I knew my friend would like it-- and also some pink velcro and interfacing.
Then it took a little more than an hour-- definitely less than 2-- to complete the ipod case. I am quite proud of the finished product, and hope my friend will like it too! (And further, I hope it fits properly since I don't have an ipod touch to test it with.
I did take pictures of it though--




Watch out, Ellie will steal your ipod case.

2 comments:

  1. I'm going to commission one of these from you sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes!! Me and my friend (other) Elizabeth have a dual ipod case-embroidering business in the works. I'll make the case, she can embroider your initials on it. Or a monk, if you please.

    ReplyDelete