Apparently as I result I get to talk about myself. So without further ado, here are some things about me:
- I'm actually a nerd in real life. I have a Master's degree in biostatistics and currently work in health care consulting, formerly worked in molecular genetics/bioinformatics researching kidney disease.
- ...But I would love to blog, paint and sew full time. I'm currently working on setting up an etsy shop with some of the things I have sewn.
- In college I helped write high school math textbooks. My name might be in your child's math textbook!
- A lot of my DIY-ness comes from my mother. Growing up we did lots of work on our house ourselves- which is how I learned to patch drywall, paint, remove wallpaper and paint some more. Also how I learned to use a drill and saw. My mother thought it was important that I knew how to do those things as a woman ("so I don't have to rely on men", ok Mom)
- My father helps to manage a hardware store, my uncle is a plumber, grandfather is an electrician, and my step father is a former flooring installer, current general contractor. These things are in my genes!
- My mom will probably never get over the fact that I can't knit. I can sew, I can make beaded necklaces, but I just cannot make knitting/crocheting work for me.
- I love shopping. My family jokes that my first words were "on sale?"
- I'm in the process of buying a condo and its just pointing out how really inpatient I am. I've been waiting for 48 hours for a response from the sellers. 48 HOURS!? They're trying to break me! I just want to move now!! (Scheduled closing date- Oct. 24th)
I'm not sure who to pass this along to, so I pass it along to everyone who reads my blog and writes there own!