Thursday, September 29, 2011

Road Bench

First, thanks to everyone who chimed in with ideas about what to do with the canning on this bench. I've finished the bench now!

Here's a reminder of what I started with:

I thought about using some grey fabric I have, but then I saw this piece of bright pinkish-orange fabric in my stash.

I got this fabric at Joann's, probably about a year ago. It was part of their dwell studio line in their 45" home decor fabrics. I think I probably got this for $6/yard.

I removed the old fabric (so gross, you don't want to see) and the accompanying 6000000 staples.I then did my best to totally remove the canning. I painted the frame white, and then started reupholstering.

I was sort of surprised how quickly this came together!

Even Ellie likes it!


(Ignore that small strip of brown. It has been painted now but I haven't had time to get new pics!)






5 comments:

  1. Great restyle nice punch of color too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very, very cute! That great fabric caught my eye on your thumbnail. Great job!
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! You did a great job! I love the fabric you chose! :)

    ReplyDelete