Friday, July 8, 2011

Paint and Repaint

Back in September I bought and painted white a little cabinet for storage in my dining area. Well, it quickly got moved to behind my couch, to serve as a landing strip for mail, keys and other stuff that I have in my hands when I walk in the door.

I decided that while the white was nice, I needed a little punch of color in my life. Looking around at the other things in my living space, I decided turquoise was the color I needed. So I repainted this white cabinet with "La Fonda Turquoise" from Valspar.


I think the color really brightens up the room. It's one of the first things you see as you come up the stairs into my apartment, and it definitely makes a statement. I love it!


 This cabinet is actually small enough that I used just about 1.5 paint samples, making it extremely affordable. I had the first sample in my stash already for a previous project, so that was already paid for. I only had to shell out about $3 for this project!

Linked to:

5 comments:

  1. I love the color and that you used paint samples!! So smart for a small project!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fan-stinking-tastic is this!!! I'm not sure what I love more - that it only cost you $3 or the gorgeous color :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great work! Love the color!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the blue! It looks great.

    ReplyDelete