Thursday, August 11, 2011

Sewing: Simplicity 2258

This might just turn into a sewing blog--sorry guys :)
Well really, I started this blog just as an easy way to show my friends and family what I had been up to, since I live almost 1000 miles away. I like doing all kinds of different projects (sewing, painting, upholstery, crafting) and apparently I go in spurts!

For this project, I decided to step away from my trusty pencil skirt pattern and try something new. I picked this pattern, Simplicity 2258. I liked the tie on the skirt and the pockets, so I decided to give it a try with this pink bottom weight fabric I got (at Joann's, of course).



The pattern was not hard, and I think my version looks a lot like the picture on the envelope. I used the style of version c (the tie, essentially) with the length of version B. I wanted it to be work appropriate, and I was afraid version C would be too short. Unfortunately, I ended up with a skirt that was kind of too big- definitely not as well fitting as the one on the model there. I have worn it to work a few times, but I really need to take it apart and make it smaller, and perhaps a smidge shorter. I'm working on my fitting issues, but its really a work in progress. 




Would I make this again? Absolutely. Maybe when I get brave I will try it with a silky fabric! And I'll try to make it fit properly.


1 comment:

  1. It looks great, Alison! I just got back to sewing after years of doing "other" crafts and will be posting about the skirt I made soon!

    ReplyDelete