Friday, April 8, 2011

Couch Pillows

As I explained recently, I got a cream colored slipcover for my couch, but needed to create the covers for the back pillows myself. I was really lucky to find that Joann's cream colored home decor fabric is a near exact match! So I bought yards and yards of it and made covers for the large pillows that make the back of the couch.

For the smaller throw pillows, I wanted to find either fabric or pillows with varying texture. I found this golden pillow at Kohl's on sale for about $10, and immediately knew I had to have it. I then bought the fabric shown, that I thought I was going to really like. But once I made the first pillow, I knew I had made a mistake.
Honestly it took me a while to decide what to do next. I looked at lots of different pillows and fabric but nothing really stuck out to me, until one day when I was putting clothes away or something in my bedroom, I suddenly realized the pillows on my bed would be PERFECT.
So I moved them onto the couch!



I feel like this is a work in progress. I will probably constantly be on the lookout for new textures or even a second pattern to change out the pillows. But for now, I am really happy about the look of my couch. It feels good to learn to work with what I have rather than just buying new.
Before:

During:

 After!




No comments:

Post a Comment