Tuesday, August 3, 2010

New Apartment Tour

Well, I have officially moved. Moving was awwwweeessommme. Actually, I still have a few things at the other apartment--like a fan (don't need that anymore--new place has central air), an ironing board (ha!) and some other random stuff. Also I need to do a final cleaning and then I can turn in my keys and I'm officially moved!

I spent Saturday painting my bedroom and moving boxes myself with my car, and Sunday I had movers to move the big stuff and anything else that was ready to go. My couch is a little bit bigger than others, and it would NOT fit in the door way, no matter how the movers tried to angle it. In the end, we tied straps to the couch and hoisted it up over the balcony railing on the second floor. I only wish I had enough time to snap a picture of my 8 foot long 3 feet wide purple couch suspended up one story.

Anyway, I thought I would share photos of the rest of my new pad. You've already seen the balcony, but here is the front door. I think this area might need some work- at least some sweeping, a rug and maybe a plant. 

Immediately inside the door is a set of stairs. Its a narrow space, so it was hard to take a good picture of, but this is the best I could do.


Right at the top of the stairs and to the left is the main living area, with a HUGE closet on the right.


Seriously, that closet could fit a twin sized bed. If I organize it well, it can be my guest room! The living space is all open, which I love. And, it poses new decorating challenges. I have never decorated an open space like this. You can tell that they intend for the smaller area on the left side of the picture to be the dinning area (see the light fixture on the ceiling? How cute would a chandelier look there??). On one hand, that seems like it would be cute, but on the other, maybe its too easy? Maybe there is a better spot for the table?


Above is another shot of the living space. The hallway leads to the bathroom, bedroom and LAUNDRY ROOM!


First my bedroom- there is a sliding glass door that leads out to the balcony here. There is another in the living room, but I don't seem to have a picture of it. The bedroom is reasonable large, and has an excellent closet with lots of potential.



The bathroom and laundry room really aren't that pretty to look at (yet), but here they are:



And now back to the kitchen-- the kitchen has a lot more of several key things than my past apartments- DRAWERS, CABINETS, and COUNTER SPACE. It also features a dish washer and a garbage disposal! 



I have already painted my bedroom and am doing my best to get all the boxes emptied out. I will post about my bedroom in the coming days, by the end of the week at least. This has been a very tiring project so far, I've been far too tired to blog!

3 comments:

  1. Hi, visiting for the first time. How exciting to get a new place. Moving is a lot of work, but you have the perfect blank slate to make it your own.

    I noticed that you are from Ann Arbor. I live only about 40 minutes from there. I had planned to go to the art festival a week or two ago, only to find out it was over on Saturday and we planned to attend Sunday. I was soooo disappointed. Did you attend?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are going to have fun with all of those blank white walls!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Karen-
    I actually didn't go to the art festival, because of the weather.I think that attendance was much lower this year than last.

    Thanks for the comment. It's nice to get random comments from new people!

    ReplyDelete