Sunday, January 3, 2010

Busy Break

I've done many projects over this break (and consequently many posts)- but I'm not done yet. I finished painting the table and put it in place in my living room. I switched my ugly floor lamp with my ugly table lamp, because of the length of the table and the size of the lampshade.
The color of the table is the same as the color of my desk. It is called "mocha white," basically a white with a slight brown tint. I am quite happy with it. I also replaced the knob on the drawer on the front-- for a whole $.49. Ace had a basket of "clearance" knobs and that was one of them. It's a nice one-- much heavier than I would normally consider buying. Perhaps in the future I will get a pretty knob for it.




(Franklin likes it too: see fuzzy butt)
Pretty knobs: I think you can see what I'm going for.




Another find this week is this other table. Maybe its a console table? I'm unsure. It's currently in and going to stay in my office. I intend to paint it, as soon as I pick a color.


Currently its serving as a tissue paper flower/cat bad table. It needs some work. There is some damage to the detail on the legs, and notice the piece of paper I'm using the keep the table level. It needs to be reinforced a little.
Heres a close up of the table with a couple color options I picked up at Ace.


When I'm looking at the table in person, I like the middle option best. But when I see it in the picture, the darkest option strikes me. Either way, the lightest option is out. Another possibility is to do a completely different color altogether. I have seen many projects where furniture is painted a crazy, unexpected color, and this might be a good chance to do that.



I guess time will tell. My classes and work start again this week so I can't promise this will be finished soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment