Saturday, January 2, 2010

Well...

For a while I've been thinking about replacing my bed with something that allows a fabric headboard.
Until very recently, I was the proud owner of an Ikea MALM bed, which I bought in Chicago about 5 years ago. It's treated me well, but I needed a change.
I listed the frame on Craigslist, and within 4 hours, it had been sold! I was surprised it went so fast, and unprepared, so I spent a night sleeping on my mattress on the floor. You see, the MALM bed doesn't require a box spring. So I didn't even have one of those.

The day after it sold, I set out to find a boxspring or equivalent, and a frame. I bought just a standard metal frame. This isn't the excited part. The exciting part is now I get to make a headboard! Below are some of the headboards I dig and will be taking inspiration from:




These headboards range from out of my budget to completely ridiculous.

But, making a headboard very similar to the ones shown isn't an impossible task. Below are some DIY-d headboards.




I don't think this is a project I want to rush into, so at the moment I am headboard-less. I have ideas, but I need to do some research before I move forward.

1 comment: