Sunday, October 24, 2010

Welcome To My Home, Volume 3: Ikea Trip

I've slowed down on the number of projects I've done recently, perhaps because of the cooling weather. This past weekend, however, I made a trip to Ikea. Shopping with people is fun, but when I really want to do some serious shopping, I want to do it alone so I don't feel any pressure to be on someone else's schedule. In other words, I like to look at everrrryything. Maybe twice.
So this weekends trip to Ikea was my first solo trip, and it was quite fruitful! I picked up a few things that I've had my eye on for a while, and some things I hadn't planned on, along with the main reason for the trip: Kassett boxes. I won't tell you what I'm doing with these boxes yet, but one of my recent posts has a rather large clue.
Here's a visual of the goods I came home with:

In addition to all the Kassett boxes, I got some items I have seen in other people's spaces and really wanted. For example, the grey striped tray. I'm using it on my landing strip as a place to put my keys/phone/whatever is in my hand when I walk in. It's a really cute tray- I wish larger sizes were available.
I also picked up some of those basic white "FARM" vases that I see everywhere. I've looked at them a couple times in the store but never ended up taking them home until this time.
The orange candles will be appearing with my pink glittery pumpkins, and the silver bead trim is something I'll use definitely for decorating for Christmas, but maybe elsewhere too!

No comments:

Post a Comment