Friday, October 29, 2010

Halloween Decorations

Last year I wanted glittery pumpkins to use for decorations. I wanted small ones that I could use in a vase. I couldn't find any, so I ended up making them myself.  You can read more about that process here.

The Supplies: All from Michaels


The finished product


Well this year I wanted to make a slightly different arrangement with a larger vase. The number of pumpkins that I glittered last year don't fill the vase that I want to use this year, so I drug out my glitter and glue (I had a handful of un-glittered pumpkins and pine cones left over...)
How the arrangement looks this year before the additional pumpkins


Got the old supplies out again!


 You can see this is a project I've been working on on my coffee table, while watching TV. I sure do love Martha Stewart's glitter. I got this jar at Michael's last year when I first started this quest for glittery pumpkins.
This really is the extent of my Halloween decorating. What can I say? I don't have kids, and I spent most of my time in the lab. I do like that this arrangement can hang around longer than just Halloween, closer to Thanksgiving.


1 comment:

  1. I kinda like the glitter-as-Halloween-decor this year. Although, I'm only decorating my apartment with craft supplies spread out all over the floor...hahahaha

    ReplyDelete