Thursday, February 10, 2011

Where did the name for my blog come from?

I call my blog "Welcome To My Home" which actually sounds quite related to home decor, right? Well, the name came from everyone's favorite 80's Soap Opera star-- Brenda Dickson. You see, Brenda has an amazing video that starts "Well hello!and welcome to my home!" and then goes on for about 20 minutes talking about her wardrobe, diet, exercise, organization for her house, etc. This video is HILARIOUS. I originally saw the video on YouTube, but Brenda herself has since exercised her copyright rights and removed it. She did re-release it for purchase in 2009. Here is a teaser for those of you who haven't seen it:

There are also some really funny parodies. I am a very sarcastic and dry witted person, and I intended to write this blog in that tone as well, however I realize it doesn't always come off the way I intend, so I have really switched my tone. (and the design--when I first started my blog my header was a picture of Ms Dickson herself) Plus, it turns out I occasionally actually have cool things to write about, not just sarcasm. So now, whenever you visit my blog, imagine Brenda greeting you with "Well hello! and welcome to my home!"

No comments:

Post a Comment